Rabies: sources of infection, symptoms and projections
Rabies is a deadly disease that, in almost 100% of cases, is fatal (there are only a few cases of recovery from it and it is not fully confirmed that…

Continue reading →

Allergy to alcohol: why it occurs, how it manifests itself?
Allergy occurs not only on food or flowers of certain plants, but also on such ambiguous and harmful alcohol for many people. Why does this happen and how to avoid…

...

Tuberculosis is not only a disease of the poor: who risk getting sick
Tuberculosis is known to mankind since the Stone Age, but even modern society is not immune from this disease. March 24, World Tuberculosis Day. Since 1995 in the country, this…

...

Varicocele - the cause of male infertility: how to treat the disease
Varicose veins of the spermatic cord or varicocele is one of the causes of male infertility. By itself, this pathology in most cases does not bother the man, varicocele is…

Continue reading →

Allergy to alcohol: why it occurs, how it manifests itself?

Allergy occurs not only on food or flowers of certain plants, but also on such ambiguous and harmful alcohol for many people. Why does this happen and how to avoid such allergic reactions?
What do you need to know about alcohol allergy?
Allergy to alcoholic beverages is becoming more widespread. Although not only for alcohol, allergy is, in principle, a very common occurrence, and this can not be covered by eyes. She points to problems in the work of the body, especially with immunity.
Allergy to alcohol is a household, inaccurate formulation, because the allergen is only one of the components of the alcoholic beverage. In addition, it should be taken into account the fact that other allergens can enter the blood due to damage to the body caused by alcohol.
Thus, the allergenic component in a strong drink can be anything: dyes in cheap wines, stabilizers, flavors, etc. In the main we are talking about inexpensive, low-quality alcohol.
So what should not be drunk to avoid an allergic reaction? Hazardous components can be in liqueurs, mulled wine, various low-alcohol beverages. However, not only cheap beverages with dyes can be dangerous. Alcohol has a very strong effect on the functioning of the pancreas, and it can not sufficiently digest foreign proteins. The result is an allergic reaction. Of course, this phenomenon is purely individual: allergy occurs in a few people, but its consequences can be difficult. So, before drinking a drink that has never been tasted, remember that you must start with a small amount of it and carefully observe the reaction of your body.
What to do with an allergic attack?
The symptoms of allergy to alcohol include:
reddening of the skin; it may be covered with large red spots;
swelling of any part of the body;
rash;
itchy skin;
general weakness;
lowering blood pressure;
difficulty in breathing;
convulsions;
loss of consciousness.
If an attack occurs, an ambulance should be called immediately. While the doctors are going, it is necessary to provide first aid to the victim. This is a stomach lavage, after which you can give a drink anti-allergic drug. If you have breathing problems, an anti-asthma inhaler may come in handy, if available.
It is worth knowing that allergy to alcohol can become very difficult forms and even lead to human death. Its result is Queen’s edema, urticaria, anaphylactic shock, from which you can die in a few minutes, and so on.
It is necessary to distinguish between the concept of allergy to alcohol and overdose. After all, the first one can occur as a result of the use of only a few sips of a drink, which has in its composition allergic substances. When a person does not know the measure and drinks a lot, which leads to fatal consequences – this is an elementary overdose. Although allergy can develop over time, when the body is no longer able to perceive harmful substances and begins to distinguish them as alien. But this is not an obligatory condition for the emergence of an allergic reaction, but only one of the options for the development of events.
To prevent an allergic reaction to alcohol, it is worth avoiding the use of cheap, dubious quality of alcoholic beverages, low-alcohol beverages. This is especially true for teens and students who often do not have the money for quality alcohol. For them, it is necessary to carry out information campaigns concerning possible allergic reaction to certain components in such drinks. And, of course, alcohol can not be misused so that the body continues to react adequately to it.

What causes inflamed lymph nodes on the neck?
Lymph nodes are the basic components of the human lymphatic system responsible for the production of immune cells. These immune cells neutralize viruses that penetrate the human body from the…

...

Dangerous meningitis: how not to miss the disease
Meningitis is one of the most dangerous diseases. Untreated meningitis (inflammatory process in the meninges) leads to disability and even death. Germs, viruses, fungi can cause inflammation in the membranes…

...